EnviroCentre Edition - Spring 2016
Scroll down for highlights!
Catherine Mageau-Walker (SustainLowertown Coordinator), Annie Mercier (LCRC Community Developper), Mathieu Fleury and Angela Palma Herriot at a Good Food Market in Lowertown.
Photo courtesy of SustainLowertown
The PERC wishes to thank Rob Danforth of Canadian Organic Growers for the excellent facilitation he provided for our organic container gardening workshop on the afternoon of Saturday, March 2nd, 2013.
Rob has an impressive background in growing organically and teaching others how to do the same:
- Past Workshops: Canadian Organic Growers (COG), Senior Organic Gardeners (SOG), & Community Garden Network (CGN)
He is an experienced vegetable/herb gardener:
- Backyard plots
- Gloucester Allotment Gardens
- Jardins Arrowsmith Thymeless Community Gardens
- Gloucester Emergency Food Cupboard garden
- Personal container gardens (indoors & outdoors)
- SOG container gardens
- Workshop Instructor in vegetable/herb gardening for COG OSO (containers, raised beds, & in-ground gardens)
- Executive member of Jardins Arrowsmith Thyme-less Gardens Association (JATGA)
- Long time Volunteer with the Gloucester Emergency Food Cupboard (GEFC)
- Contributor of fresh vegetables to the GEFC and to the Cumberland food cupboard
- Past manager of the GEFC garden and the JATGA demonstration garden
- Past Coordinator of high school student volunteers for JATGA Gardens.
- Retired High School Teacher (still registered as an Ontario Certified Teacher)
Thank you Rob for teaching us how to grow healthy, sustainable food in small spaces!
PERC thanks the above organizations for their support.
Thank you to Envirocentre for sponsoring this edition of the PEN.